“I’ll get to it during Spring cleaning,” “I’ll do it before Summer Vacation,” “I swear, it will get done this Fall.” NO MORE EXCUSES! We know you’ve been putting off your much-needed and inevitable closet cleaning session, mostly because, we’ve been procrastinating this chore, too. But it’s time to gear up, set aside a day, declutter, organize, and revitalize your closets. Let’s get started, together!
1. Declutter & Clean: First and foremost, you need to strip your closet clean and get rid of unused items. While your closet is empty, vacuum, wipe down, and literally clean your closet’s floors, shelves, etc.
2. Rules of Thumb: Always hang delicate, fancy, or sturdy pieces of clothing. Try to arrange your clothes by style and color. Don’t forget to put your most used items in easy-to-reach places, so you don’t have to dig through your closet and make a giant mess trying to find your favorite pair of jeans. Coordinate hangers! Nothing screams chaos quite like an assorted mixture of hangers in 6 different colors and materials. P.S. We love wood and velvet hangers!
3. How To Organize: Utilize what your closet already has. If you have a ton of shelves, start folding your clothes. If you have a lot of vertical space, use this to your advantage by adding an over-the-door shoe rack. If you need more shelves, consider installing your own and getting storage bins!
4. What To Fold: To maximize your space, we suggest folding jeans and sweaters since they’re sturdy and thick, meaning they won’t slump, crinkle, or lose their shape when you stack them.
5. What To Roll: Yes, roll. This technique is a huge space saver! Things like cotton shirts, leggings, and polyester shorts tend to be thin and pliable, making them perfect candidates for the roll and tuck technique.
6. Hang Accessories: Use a bare portion of the wall to install small hooks to hang your jewelry on. Here’s a PRO TIP: Recruit old shower hooks to hang scarves, bags, and intimates!
Your Price is Our Promise. Your Home SOLD 100% of the Asking Price or We Will Pay You the Difference! DM or Call us at 703-297-4251. Click HERE to know more.